Attention – Please Read this Waiver of Liability
All students must complete a Waiver of Liability before participating in any Zacs Tracs avalanche safety training program.
AST training is just one component of backcountry safety. The expectations of Zac’s Tracs, our staff, Avalanche Canada, and all other Releasees is that the Participant will continue to build on these introductory programs by investing in additional training, regular application and practice to grow their ability to manage the risks associated with their backcountry activities.
- Winter mountain activities involve many risks, dangers and hazards.
- Avalanche training is an essential first step to backcountry travel but for effective risk management it must be combined with ongoing learning and mentorship.
- As a Participant in the mountain field sessions you are expected to arrive prepared with standard backcountry emergency supplies for winter mountain travel CLICK HERE for recommended gear list.
- Participants must conduct themselves in a manner that promotes safety for fellow participants, instructors, public and themselves or may be asked to leave the training activities.
- Participants are expected to ride sober and alert.
CLICK HERE to review and print the waiver.
A Waiver of Liability must be completed by all participants.