Revelstoke AST1 Field – 8 hour Practical Mountain Day
Meeting Time – Frisby Ridge Riding area (Feb 3, 2020 meeting location)
~8:00am unload, sign out gear, purchase trail passes ~$20-25
8:30 am – Class start. Please be geared up and ready to ride for this time.
Return Time ~ 5:30 pm MST (Be prepared to return in the dark!)
When traveling from your home or hotel please allow enough time to account for road conditions, closures due to road maintenance, avalanche control and vehicle accidents. Class will still run if the highways are closed! Please plan accordingly.
CLICK HERE to view available field dates
Choose ONE field day for the practical exercises.
All field classes will run with a maximum of 8 students per instructor.
Field days may be added or canceled depending on the number of registered students and instructor availability.
If your schedule allows, we recommend that you choose a Monday or a Friday for your field session as Saturday and Sundays are typically our largest groups.
The AST1 Classroom session must be completed before attending this field session.
CLICK HERE to register for a classroom session
All Interior BC sessions will be led by Hangfire Avalanche Training
Specific meeting location details for all Hangfire field sessions will be EMAILED to all registered participants in the week prior.
- All your avalanche gear – transceiver and backpack with probe and shovel (air bags not necessary)
- Contact Amber Granter if you need to borrow gear, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AVALUATOR – slope evaluation card (received in the classroom – $15 if you forget)
- Companion Rescue Card (received in the classroom)
- Warm clothes, thick soled boots for standing on the snow all day
- Any emergency gear that you would normally bring on a day of riding
- Lunch, thermos with hot beverage. NO ALCOHOL (Expect a ‘working lunch’. Eat while listening, snack between exercises. We will not access the cabin or a fire for lunch.)
- ~$25 cash for trail fees
- We will be completing NEW waivers in the parking lot. We recommend that you tear out the waiver from your classroom workbook or download a copy by CLICKING HERE If you print, read and fill out your contact details beforehand you can bring the completed waiver to the staging area and one of your instructors will act as your witness. We will bring copies of the waiver to the staging area however it is a bit nicer for you to complete the paperwork ahead of time rather than in the snow!