operating as Zac’s Tracs.
(collectively referred to as “Zac’s”)
Protecting personal information and respecting personal privacy are very important to Zac’s. This policy applies to all of Zac’s information practices and to all of its business operations, products, and services, including:
- the print and electronic publications published by Zac’s Tracs, including Zac’s Blogs and Facebook;
- trainings and other events produced by Zac’s Ventures Inc., operating as Zac’s Tracs (collectively “Our Events”);
- websites related to Our Publications and Our Events (“Our Websites”); and
- email newsletters related to Our Publications (“Our Email Newsletters”).
Personal information will not be collected and stored by Zac’s, electronically or otherwise, without the knowledge and consent of the individual to whom it relates.
The purpose of collecting personal information is to be expressly stated by Zac’s whenever solicited, and is not to be used for purposes other than those stated.
Personal information obtained by Zac’s is not to be shared with third parties, unless the consent of the person to whom the personal information applies is obtained beforehand.
Information which Zac’s treats as personal includes the following:
- Credit card information;
- Responses to validation questions asked for circulation audit purposes, such as year of birth or parent’s first name;
- Home address and contact information, unless identified to Zac’s as being business address and contact information;
- Mobile telephone numbers; and
- Responses to opinion surveys, except to the extent that these are stated to be “for the record” and for publication.
Information which Zac’s does not treat as personal for the purposes of this policy includes the following:
- Individual’s name;
- Business title of the individual;
- Individual’s business function (e.g. sales, marketing, creative, engineering);
- Name of the organization with which the individual is affiliated at the time that the information is obtained;
- Industry sector and sub-sector describing the organization’s activity;
- Business mailing address;
- Business telephone numbers;
- Email address;
- Website address of the organization or individual; and
- Photos or videos of the individual.
To access or change your personal information, or for any matters pertaining to privacy of personal information, please contact Zac’s privacy officer:
Black Diamond, AB T0L 0H0, Canada
Personal information collected from Our Websites is always collected on a secure web server using 128-bit encryption.
Personal information is safeguarded on Zac’s servers. Access to the personal information on Zac’s servers is protected by the use of a security system, a firewall, passwords, and in some cases encryption.
A recipient may, at any time, opt out of receiving any of Our Email Newsletters or emails from Zac’s which inform about new products, services or information related to the industry by so indicating at the time that information is being given to Zac’s, or thereafter, by following the simple steps stated in any such Zac’s email received.
An individual may also deny permission or opt out of any previous permission given for Zac’s to share address information with carefully screened third-party organizations by so indicating at the time that information is being given to Zac’s, or by contacting Zac’s privacy officer (at the address shown above).
Accuracy of collected personal information
Zac’s will from time to time on its own initiative, or immediately upon an individual’s request, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information retained by Zac’s.
Information that is no longer being used for the reasons stated upon collection is deleted from our databases after five years.
Non-personal information collected automatically
Non-personal information is collected from Our Websites in the form of web logs. The web logs are used to analyze anonymous behavior on Our Websites for the purposes of improving Zac’s products and services. On occasion aggregate statistics will be provided to reputable third-party companies, but these statistics will contain no personally identifiable information.
This policy was last modified on July 7, 2009.