Prerequisites for the Companion Rescue Skills Mountain Field Day
Course participants must:
- have completed an Avalanche Skills Training Level 1
- have practiced with their rescue equipment since their AST 1
- be 18 years of age or older
Description Students enrolling in this course will be looking to update and improve upon search and rescue abilities learned in the Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 course. It is suitable for anyone who is recreating in avalanche terrain. This refresher can be taken on a yearly basis to ensure that rescue skills are continually kept up to date.
The ONE DAY Companion Rescue Skills Course will train students to:
- Consider preventative measures
- Analyze transceiver functions
- Apply search and rescue techniques
- Identify Post Incident Considerations
Format and Activities
Course content in comprised of 100% practical application and fieldwork and will be conducted over a minimum of 7hrs in one day. Field activities will include demonstrations, problem solving, small group work and simulations.
Equipment and Materials
Participants will be required to bring the following essential equipment:
- Appropriate winter clothing and footwear
- Transceiver (3 antenna recommended) (secured to body)
- Backpack to carry everything on your back
(Max # of students = 16! Sign up early) $180 + HST
Contact us to book your own custom class. CLICK HERE to email your request.
Current Schedule Dates:
Dec 9 – Golden
Jan 21 – Golden