A design so intuitive, you’ll nearly be able to operate it with your eyes closed. Mammut’s redesign of the Barryvox (a leading industry beacon for almost 10 years) focused on instinctive use in a highly stressful emergency. New antennas and processors allow for a 70m wide search strip. Quick and accurate arrow direction quickly gets you where you need to be. A better screen, marking and unmarking capabilities, analog mode and advanced search settings make this pro model ideal for ski guides, ski patrollers and heavy users with a deep understanding of various search methods. This impressive beacon makes snow safety simpler, more efficient and unconditionally reliable when it really counts.
- Ergonomic design is impact-proof and can be operated with gloves on.
- Transceiver software is user-friendly and uses 3 intuitive buttons for navigation.
- Buried beacons can be marked and unmarked to speed up searching in multiple-burial scenarios.
- Display is backlit and easy to read, even with polarized sunglasses.
- Audio and visual guidance provides information on distance, direction and number of victims.
- Group test function activates itself when you turn the beacon on – a great reminder.
- 70m search strips speed up signal pick-up and help save precious seconds.
- Auto-revert function will switch a searching beacon to send mode after the beacon has remained immobile for 4 minutes.
- Automatic self-test, frequency check and function test ensure your beacon is always functioning properly.
- Analog mode, with an 80m search strip width, can help resolve demanding search scenarios.
- Vital sign data helps rescuers allocate resources on the buried person with the highest chance of survival.
- Device continues to guide rescuers to the buried subject even through signal failures or overlaps.
- Start screen and user texts can be customized with your own info.
- Battery life is 300 hours in send, followed by 1 hour in search when using alkaline batteries. 350 hours in send and 1 hour in search when using lithium batteries.
- Firmware can be updated when new functionalities are added.
- Pro-Search mode helps solve the most difficult scenarios that require the use of micro-strips, three-circle or micro-box search techniques.
- Barryvox® carrying system protects the transceiver while being easy to use with one hand.
Link to Mammut website for comparison of features Barryvox S
|Ideal for||· Mountain Snowmobiling
. Backcountry skiing
· Mountain snowshoeing
|Burial direction indicator||Arrow|
|Buried transmitter display||1, 2, 3, 4, 5+ victims|
|Mark function||Mark and unmark|
|Auto-revert to transmit||Yes|
|Search strip width||70m|
|Dimensions||6.7 x 2.7 x 11.5cm|
|Batteries||3 AAA (included)|
|Multiple burial modes||Yes|