Avalanche Airbags are a pretty hot topic as of late. The following questions were addressed in an online article by Ryan Dionne in ‘Skiing Business’.
Ryan interviewed Peter Aschauer, founder of the modern avalanche airbag.
CLICK HERE to read the full article.
- What do you think it will take for airbags to become mainstream enough for the occasional sidecountry or backcountry user? And when do you see the price and weight coming down enough for the mainstream user?
- What do you see as the biggest barriers in the airbag market worldwide?
- Do you think some of the avalanche deaths this year (in North America) are because people think they are over-prepared and over-protected? Does avy safety gear, including airbags, help create a “fearless” mentality?
- Why, years ago, did ABS abandon the technology and design that many of your competitors are using today?
- Where do you see airbag technology going in the next 5 years?
- What are the biggest changes you’ve seen since the ‘80s when you more-or-less invented the airbag? What do you attribute that to?
- What market do you see as the biggest potential for airbag sales?
Commenting is closed for this article.